Monday, November 27, 2017

SAU1 Blog post 1: What is the Meaning of Life and What is my Purpose

In order for me to answer the question, what is the meaning of life, I first have to define life - at least a little bit. Furthermore, in order for me to answer the question, what is my purpose, I first have to give myself a purpose. Why? Because when I was born, I didn’t come with an instruction book. Nobody told me what I was supposed to do with my life or even what life was all about. To tell you the truth, I’ve always felt very alone and I’ve always had more questions than answers. Perhaps it’s time for me to define my questions and create my own answers.


I guess life is a matter of relationships wherein each one of us have an opportunity to decide who we will be, which is how we are in relation to one another. In other words, the meaning of life is that which we give it as the life of yourself in relation to the live of others. For example, if I care about others and I am kind and considerate in relation to them, everybody and all things, then the meaning of life for me is the words, care, kindness and consideration. However, if I were to put self-interest first in relationships with others, then the meaning of life for me would be one of self interest and greed. Herein, I now see that if I want life to be kind, caring and considerate, then it’s my responsibility to live as best I am able the words kindness, caring and consideration (as the life of myself) in relation to all life.  Thus, I would say that, the meaning of life is however we define it as we live it.

As for my purpose, that’s easy. I propose to live life to my greatest potential. What is my greatest potential? It is to be as best I am able to be in relation to all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment